David took this picture the other day after Lia's first watermelon session. He and Jacob were outside flying a kite and Jacob got tired of wearing his cap so he put it on Lia's head. She had a great time playing with it.
re: I can relate, and yes, your note was completely understandable! I think the younger children seem to learn at a much quicker rate than the oldest, but that is because they want to be like their brother or sister and copy everything he or she does!
Merikalyn is nearly 6 and is not reading yet, which sometimes makes me feel like a failure, but I know that "back in the day" children were not taught how to read until 1st and 2nd grade. Nowdays, they are teaching it in PRESCHOOL! I don't feel a need to cram things down her throat. I'd rather her enjoy it, and the best thing we can do to nourish that part of their education is to read to them, whether it's a favorite book of theirs, the bible, or the newspaper.. anything!
I agree with the first comment, you have a very pretty smile. As for hats...my boys loved theirs too, but big sis had no desire to play with them...but little sis, watch out, if your hat is missing look for Kinz. Great picture!
11 comments:
awww, so cute! you have such a great smile Kristen...show it more often!! :)
This is such a fun picture! In this picture I can really see the resemblance to her brother. Fabulous picture, Kristen!
This is darling of both of you. She does look like Jacob! Maybe with a little more of your coloring, though?
Aw! So precious! :)
re: I can relate, and yes, your note was completely understandable! I think the younger children seem to learn at a much quicker rate than the oldest, but that is because they want to be like their brother or sister and copy everything he or she does!
Merikalyn is nearly 6 and is not reading yet, which sometimes makes me feel like a failure, but I know that "back in the day" children were not taught how to read until 1st and 2nd grade. Nowdays, they are teaching it in PRESCHOOL! I don't feel a need to cram things down her throat. I'd rather her enjoy it, and the best thing we can do to nourish that part of their education is to read to them, whether it's a favorite book of theirs, the bible, or the newspaper.. anything!
She is adorable. & she really seems to love that hat!
Great picture!
I agree with the first comment, you have a very pretty smile. As for hats...my boys loved theirs too, but big sis had no desire to play with them...but little sis, watch out, if your hat is missing look for Kinz. Great picture!
a great spontaneous picture --- they are the best! :)
oh my! That is an adorable picture. Very good of both of you!
The smile on her face in this picture is SO cute! Great shot.
Oh, and I LOVED your watermelon session - it is adorable!
Aww, Such an adorable picture! I love it!
Post a Comment