Pages

May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me...

(Yes, yes, I'm still a kid at heart when it comes to birthdays...I still get really excited about them. My Dad does too and he's 62 so I'm guessing I probably won't be getting "over" it any time soon. Not in the next 30 years or so anyway.)

So I'm 33 today and it seems like such a strange age. Kind of like a "non-age" age. Thirty-two still sounds young to me, 34 sounds more like middle age, but 33 is just kind of there. Stuck in the middle. And why is Jacob flushing the toilet 5 times in a row? That's all for now folks.

*"This message has been brought to you by Kristen and the add council. We will now return to our regularly scheduled blogging." (as stated in my best announcer voice)

13 comments:

From TX to you said...

Happy Birthday!! You're still young in my book (said the old lady-me).:) Hopefully you have a little peace and quiet today away from clogged toilets and such.:) Have a great day!!!!!

Carin said...

Happy birthday! And I say just be your shoe size. Happy birthday!

KatieB said...

Happy Birthday! I'm right behind you!

Monique said...

Happy Birthday from Wyoming! I didn't realize until your post today that we are the same age! :) Hope you have a special birthday & a great year ahead. Even though we've never met, I do enjoy your blog and the smiles and laughs you share! Best wishes!

Us 4 said...

Happy day to my cheery friend! I hope you are having a splendid day and that David is going to spoil you in some wonderful way!! See ya soon!

Mommabelle said...

OK here's the deal: you are no where near middle age!!!! You are very very young...as am I! LOL

Alison said...

I'll be "just kind of there" in a couple more months. Sounds okay with me. ;) Hee Hee. Enjoy your special day Kristen!

The J's said...

Happy Birthday! yes, 33--That's young yet! (but of course so am I) Hope the toilet (and you!) survive :)

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen! I'll vouch for being 33 - it's not all bad! Have a great day, Andrea

Anita B said...

let me tell you- somewhere between 33 and 37 you definitely hit this spot where you realize- Hmm- I HAVE been younger... and I had no idea when it happened- I just know now that it did... oddd

And- Happy Bday...

Mimi/Susan said...

34 middleage? Oh my..it's all perspective! And trust me, you won't be "stuck" at 33 very long. In the bat of an eye you'll be middle-age for real..whatever age that is. I know it's on the horizon for me!!!

TNCarrolls said...

Happy B-day Kristen, Turning 32 was the hardest for me...I turn 33 in Oct. and I am not dreading it like I did 32 for some reason. I think it was just 30 and 31 still have a youthful sound and 32 just sounds so grown up! So keep me posted on how 33 is going...I'll be there soon! :)

Lesha Coker said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen. The day has flown by and thought about calling several times and here it is 11:30 and I never got it done. Brad and I did talk about today being your big day!! Hope it was great.
love, Brad, Lesha, Trace, and Trevin