Pages

November 18, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Background:  Nana (my Mom), the kids, and I are just getting back from spending several days in San Antonio.  While there, Jacob enjoyed spending time brushing Nana's board strait hair one night. 

The Scene:  Me in my pajamas, Jacob in his pajamas, both getting ready to go to bed.

Jacob:  "Mom, can I brush your hair like Nana's?"
Me:  "No, Jacob.  That would hurt Momma."
Jacob:  "Mom, why your hair so crinkled?"
Me:  "Because God made it that way."
Jacob:  "But Mom, can you ask God to make your hair not crinkled so I can brush it?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe! So sweet!

Mindy said...

funny! it reminds me of something that happened when i was babysitting the twins this week. i was pushing them both on the swingset. of course they were both constantly clamoring, "push me, push me" finally i told them i was trying to push them both & the girl says, "why you not have more hands"!! kids!