Pages

May 20, 2010

Shoot Me!: 14


Another great meme brought to us by Carin at Forever In Blue Jeans. Every Thursday post a picture of you with a child, spouse, friend or even by yourself. If you are thinking this challenge is too hard, then this is exactly the challenge you need. Do you have thousands of pictures and you are in none of them? How is that good to your children or loved ones? It’s time you got in the picture, you’ll be glad you did!

I"m going to TRY to start following my Aunt Susan's lead - posting pictures of myself with random people I interact with on a regular basis.  You've all seen plenty of pictures of me with my kids and my parents.  It's time some other important people in my life get featured also.  There's no time like the present to start!

Pam has been a part of my life since before I was born.  Her family has been friends with my family for about umpteen dozen years or so.  ;)  She has 5 kids - the oldest is my age, next oldest is my brothers age, then 3 more younger ones.  Growing up our families lived 2 hours apart, but we managed to get together a few times a year.  An annual trip to Six Flags over Texas was taken for several years.  Those were some great years.  All of us kids have grown up and moved away now - and wouldn't you know it, her oldest & his family, me & my family, and Pam & her husband all now live in the same town.  We see each other at least once a week.  Here's to you Pam - thanks for being you!  You are one cool Mama!


13 comments:

Arlene said...

It feels nice to catch up bonding with a childhood friend.

This is a beautiful photo of you and Pam!

Happy Thursday!

Jan n Jer said...

How nice to have a childhood friend living so close.

The J's said...

"old" Friends are the best!!

Carin said...

That is so great! But I really want to go to Six Flags now!!! Really!

Anonymous said...

Great picture. It's so much fun have friends that knew you when you were young. So much to talk about.

alexandra s.m. said...

what a sweet portrait of the 2 of you ~

Mimi/Susan said...

Nice picture! Greetings to Johnny!!

gkey said...

dear Treasuring Local Treasures,
A special way to show your appreciation to those whom you get to see often.
love,
Making time for the ones who are right next to us
in
NE

~KATE~ said...

"There's no time like the present to start!" I CANNOT AGREE MORE!

What a nice family friend you got there!

I can't wait to see those random people you are regularly interacting with. ^^,

Here's my Thursday Shoot. \(^^)/

Marice said...

thats really sweet. I just recently had a bonding with some of my childhood friends too.

sorry for the late visit!
u may view mine too here

The Rancher's Wife Kate said...

What a great picture, I need to update some of my friend pictures. Maybe I should just have them ALL over and take a picture. :)

The Rancher's Wife Kate said...

What a great picture, I need to update some of my friend pictures. Maybe I should just have them ALL over and take a picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Stopping in to say hi... how special to have a friend such as Pam.