Pages

February 16, 2010

Rae and Co.

Oh the fun we did have!!  Rae - yes, THE Rae of Hardly Utopia and her crew just spent some time in our neck of the woods.  If you read her post about missing T-boy you will know Papa, T-boy, and West got stranded in TX due to "vehicle malfunction".  The malfunction happened close to where we live so what's a person to do??  We came swooping in to save the day - or provide some entertainment, or something like that.  What we didn't plan on was the largest "snowstorm" in the last 25 years!  Or the lost electricity!  But that's OK - Pizza Hut delivers (or not, but that's a whole other story) - so we had a party!

We ate pizza...
We visited...

We got to know eachother a little better...

And the kids did play!

Sunday we put on our "Sunday go to Meetin'" clothes, and went to meeting.

Pip checks out Lia's Reece's but she's not interested in sharing.  She's not feeling the love - even if it is Valentine's Day.  I don't like to share my Reece's either - she's her mother's daughter.

T-boy and Jacob though, they did feel the love.  And shared secrets.  And ran to the tank (aka pond for those of you who aren't native Texans) to throw sticks in as parents were trying to get 25 dozen kids all strapped into their seat belts.  T-boy and Jacob were more into having fun. 

And look - here's more of us in our Sunday best...
Top - David & I with Lia
Rae with Pip
Jacob, Bee, T-boy
Bottom L - Papa, Nana, Kit-Kat, Jax
Bottom R - US!! ;)
We missed getting West in the pics - he was WAY to cool for all the foolishness called picture taking.  That's OK West - we still liked having you around - your coolness and all!!

And then Sunday night - that's when the REAL hurricane hit - it worked out quite nicely though...while it was storming in one room...the adults got to watch the Olympics in the other room across the hall!  T-boy and Jacob decide they are tigers, Bee puts Lia in her "crib" and gives her food, while Rae and Papa root on the Americans.  It *may* have gotten loud.  Just saying. 

And the romance - ohhhh the romance!  These relationships are just budding.  And we're going to cultivate them.  Can you imagine how cute their kids will be!  Both relationships involve "older women".  That's ok - they can train their men up right.

And Pip, my Pip.  This little guy stole my heart!  Sorry David - my heart belongs to another man now.  Pip, I NEED you in my life.  Something tells me your Mom wouldn't let you move down here though.  Mother's tend to get in the way of relationships sometimes don't they.  That's ok - you're betrothed to my daughter so you'll always have an important place in my life.

Y'all come back now - ya' hear!

P.S.  Read Rae's review of her time with us by clicking HERE.

15 comments:

Lani said...

I was right! You met Rae. ;) How fun. Loved the pictures and the stories. Good times.

Mimi/Susan said...

I don't know why I bother to type a comment, as they never get past "go". I did guess (was wrong, of course). I even typed in those silly little words that are supposed to keep the bad guys from commenting. ANYWAY. Glad that y'all had fun. I assume that you two did a lot of connecting the dots in blogland! Hey Ree. I'm Aunt Susan! Yeah, I keep up wif ya.
Now I'm getting ready to click "post comment" and then wait to be promted to type some word, and then most likely will disappear into cyberspace. Cyberspace must be getting pretty junked up! here goes

Mimi/Susan said...

WOW, it really let me past go!!!!

All American Family said...

Aunt Susan - who did you geuss?

The J's said...

WooHoo! LOVED your post. I've been waiting impatiently to hear about the Tornado/hurricane--oh yeah, snow storm :D
Hey, I'm liking the idea of you hooking up your babies...Might be a bit shirt-tailish, but I'm thinking I wouldn't mind being related either! hehe!

Darcie said...

Oh look at you sweet beautiful ladies!!!! I love that this worked out for you both...gives me hope that someday...maybe...I will be meet some of these wonderful blogging ladies.

Heather S said...

How lucky for you!!! So.Jealous. I'd love to meet both of ya someday. Your pictures just ooze with fun, happiness and good times!!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Friend,
It really was great wasn't it. I love the way you did the pictures. Maybe our babies can live in KS or OK (in the middle)??? ;)
Love, Love, Love,
Missing You Already In NE

P.S. I think it's great you talk with your hands! ;) I talk with mine too, just more in a 'typing' sorta way.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and Rae had such a good time. It would have been nice if we could have met her and her family. We probably have a lot in common the the other Nana and Papa. The blogging world doesn't know me but I "know" them through you and your blog.

Carin said...

That is just so fantastic! I bet it was so incredible to meet in person! Awesome, and great pics to have to go with the memories.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad this all worked out for so much fun & fellowship!!!! What a great time it looks like you all had together!!! glad i could help a bit in getting the connections made :)
Maybe one day we'll meet too! Cyndie at Kearney

gkey said...

oh my, I am still reflecting...great memories made. We keep meeting such wonderful people wherever we go...It keeps us wanting to go back!
"Loving y'all already!"
Thanks again,
gk

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile so much! I'm so happy you got to meet Rae & Co. Looks like a wonderful time.

Alison said...

How AWESOME!! LOVE your pictures! Thanks for including us. You 2 look like you had so much fun with all your family. *smiling*

Gramma's Corner said...

Hey, I know those people!! I remember the trip. Just killing time here reading old posts. :)
We've been down in "your neck of the woods" before, just didn't know it was yours.