Pages

September 7, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Lia!

Where has this past year gone? It's seemed to be the fastest year of my life! One year ago today I woke up at 5:30 AM KNOWING our baby girl would be born within the next 24 hours. I was shocked, unprepared, scared, nervous, and excited. The origional plan was that when the time came for us to go to the hospital we would take Jacob over to my brother's house...
A. plans are made to be changed
B. baby girl was coming earlier than expected
C. Brad and family were out of town
D. we quickly came up with "Plan B".
We called our friend "T", told her we needed to drop Jacob off at her house, and we were there in 15 minutes. In the mean time we called my parents who immediately started driving toward the town we live in (1.5 hrs away). They picked up Jacob when they got to town, and came to the hospital. Thirty minutes later "T"'s house cought on fire. I kid you not! (It was put out before to much damage was done.) To say that it was an exciting morning is an understatement. Seven hours later our Lia Renee arrived. Talk about love at first sight - she was the most precious baby girl I had ever seen. ;) I will never forget holding her all night long that very first night - I was "officially" feeding her, but really I was in awe of and savoring this brand new life that I was granted the privilege of having. Since we've already had one baby and really know how fast they grow/ change in the very begning I didn't want to miss one second of her being in my arms. She's still in my arms several hours a day - everything else can wait - I've got precious babies growing. She and Jacob have brought us so much joy - we can't imagine life without them.

newborn Lia

(photo courtsey of Shanda's Shots)

Lia 6 months


Lia 1 year


13 comments:

Ben, Heather and kids said...

Wow, you did have an exciting day one year ago! :)

My baby will turn 2, next Monday. Knowing he is our last I hold onto him and the moments a little tighter. Despite the rough days, I can't imagine life without our 4 kids. They are our everything!

Happy Birthday to your adorable girl!

Gloria said...

She is a beautiful little girl. Happy Birthday

Monique said...

Precious post! The last year has seemed to go quickly since L's arrival - it seems like not long ago you were getting ready for her arrival! I loved the video & all those cute pictures with memories of the first year! I don't know you - but really enjoy your blog. Love seeing your FUN times! Best wishes - Happy Birthday!

Us 4 said...

Love her one year pictures! Happy birthday, precious little girl!!;-)

Kristen said...

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments. These kids of ours...what would we do without them? ;)

Renita said...

I have to know that song you have on the video! Who sings it and what is the name? I'm a sucker for that kind of thing! :)Renita

Darcie said...

Ok...make me cry!!! Precious absolutly precious. The hard part of that song...is the letting go...hardest part!!! You are doing a wonderful job, my friend.

Kristen said...

The song is "A Mother's Prayer" by Celine Dion. It's on her "Miracle" album she put out with Anne Geddes. It also has an awesome song on there called "Beautiful Boy". It's a letter written by a mother to her young son. Both songs touch me deeply as I have one of each.

Kristen said...

The song is "A Mother's Prayer" by Celine Dion. It's on her "Miracle" album she put out with Anne Geddes. It also has an awesome song on there called "Beautiful Boy". It's a letter written by a mother to her young son. Both songs touch me deeply as I have one of each.

ourtinydot said...

Happy birthday, little Lia. Such a cutie... it's fun watching her grow on your blog!

C & T Bishop Blog said...

Happy Birthday, Lia!! What a beautiful little girl you are!!

Lani said...

Awww... happy birthday, little darlin'! Sorry I'm late. Just in case someone hadn't told you already, you're beautiful.

Miller & Nanna's Mom said...

I don't know you....I've read your blog a time or two by way of Davina's blog, but when I read the blog about the two of you becoming "we", then scrolled down to see the 1st birthday treat...I just sat here in awe! I have two girls, 9 and 11, and I thought they were just the cutest babies ever born. But I have to admit, your little angel makes it hard to continue claiming that. What a beautiful family. Keep up the good work!