We had our family birthday party for Jacob this past Saturday at the lake where my parents live. I didn't have a "friend b-day party" and a "family b-day party" on purpose; it's just how it happened to have worked out this year. The theme for this party was John Deere as Jacob LOVES tractors and, as everyone knows, "nothing runs like a Deere". ;) The party was a success...all the kids had a great time and that was the most important thing. Allie started calling Jacob "Jake" for some reason (her sisters call him "Gay-jub" so I'm not sure how she came up with it, but she is the ONLY person that can get away with this) and decided she was going to tell him what and how to eat. Pretty cute to watch. During the course of the day Jacob decided that Brittany was his best friend and partner so the two of them were together most of the time. If she decided she wanted to go play with the girls he set off to find her and bring her back to whatever he wanted to do. She was his #1 "slide helper". ;) That was sweet too as the two of them haven't seen each other since he was only a few months old. Jacob has some great cousins that I feel really good about him growing up with...I know more good times are ahead.
6 comments:
What fun! Are those Brian's 3?? The oldest can't be that big yet! What a cute cake! Did you make it? Looks like he had a great party!
Yes, Linda, Brittany, and Wyatt are Bryan's 3...it was just yesterday Linda was born!! And no I did NOT make that cake...sure wish I had that kind of talent though!
How FUN!!! Jealous to see it sooo green and everyone wearing t-shirts and shorts. But I'll be thinking about you when you're 'Melting in July & August' and we are enjoying beautiful summer camping trips! ;)
Cute. So he's already a Deere boy, huh? ;) I was hoping my boys would be more into tractors like we were when we were kids, but not happening yet. I think I need to get them to spend more time on Grandpa and Grandma's farm.
Some years are just party years! Stretch out those birthdays!!
Happy Mother's day
By the way... hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Hugs.
Post a Comment