My Dad
had a conference to attend for a couple of days in Fredericksburg so Mom &
I and the kids had free time on our hands during the days to explore the area. We did have a few hours for all 5 of us to go exploring one morning. We went to downtown to walk around for a while.
A fun little Diner we found. Note the signs running along the top of the wall.
This one cracked me up!
A friend of mine who lives in the area told us we HAD to try Carl's ice cream. It did not disappoint.
The sign on this building was interesting to me too.
beautiful blooms
What kind of tree is this? They were beautiful and everywhere around the city.
ahhh...my friend Kay. She played a roll in David and I starting to date the first time. It was great to get to see her again after several years.
One day we drove Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park. The beauty took my breath away. If you ever get a chance to travel there you really should.
On our way back to GA we stopped to have a picnic. Jacob insisted that we needed to have a picnic on a red blanket under the trees. He wanted to do this when we were up at the top of the mountains but it was just way.to.cold.! So, he got his wish in North Carolina.
Good times with Papa and Nana.
And to prove that I was on this trip...here I am too!
love, love, love this boy
At the end of our Skyline Drive trip we went to Monticello. Another place well worth visiting. But...ummmm...yeah, I can't find any of those pictures.
Virginia was a great place to visit - I want to go back again as there is so much to see. The truth is, though, this TX girl got a little claustrophobic. There are a LOT of trees there!












8 comments:
Looks like a gorgeous state!
I LOVE the photo of you and your adorable little boy...so sweet!
I always felt the same way in Portland...way too many trees! I'm used to the open desert.
Thanks for sharing!!
Dear Kristen,
That looks like a great state to explore! I've been "thru" but not "in".
I really thought I'd hit the jack-pot when I saw there was ((4)) new posts from you in my reader today, you didn't disappoint!
That last picture is SOOOOO sweet, looks like the front of a story-book... or the end (right before the happily ever after part)... maybe you should write one! ;)
Love,
Nana's and Papa's Rock in NE
Oh what a lovely trip/scenery! I have never been there, and it is one of the few places that I have always had a real longing to see!
Fun pictures! Love the coffee sign! I need one of those for my kitchen.
The trees are flowering cherry, I believe. Very pretty in the springtime. Was it spring when you were there? I noticed some of the trees were rather naked and there were jackets involved. :-)
I love the mountains and miss seeing them, so your photos brought back some nice memories, thanks for sharing!
dear TravelingTexan,
I got all excited when i first started reading..."Fredricksburg"?? Wow I was all set to see some TEXAS Fredricksburg!!! Ah, well, Virginia did not disappoint, for sure.
love,
Going BACK....at least to the TEXAS one (SOMEDAY I hope!)
Oh how I LOVE that last picture of you and your sweet, sweet boy! :) Kekoa asked me last night if boys could marry their Mommy's... ummmm... no... but it did make my heart smile. Hee. I think this might have been the trip that took you away from St. Louis? ;) It looks like it was wonderful!
I loved that coffee sign, too! ;)
Fun pictures! It was neat to see Kay and family. I have never met her but I have met her family! So fun to share in your trip.
Post a Comment