So...I had this wonderful idea today would be THE day to take the kids pictures for the holiday cards I send out each year. I got these sweaters just for the occasion. (Actually, Nana got these sweaters for the occasion.) I had all kinds of ideas in my head of what I wanted them to do. We'll just say things didn't exactly work out how I was hoping they would.
For your viewing pleasure...I present "Out-takes From Attempt #1".
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!
Lia LOVES to walk. You see, walking is a very new thing for her. Yes, yes, she's been walking for one whole week now. At nearly 15 months it's about time! But really, couldn't she have stopped for 2 seconds...NO!
OK, no problem. We'll just sit the two of them together on these nice rocks. "Kristen, (my friend, yes, she's got a cool name too)you put Lia down by Jacob and I'll start snapping." As you can see, that didn't turn out to good either. Lia wanted to walk, thankyouverymuch, and I don't like how their sweaters are all bunched up.
Ok, Ok, Ok, I'll see what I can get with Jacob. He's been an easy subject to shoot in past, surely he'll cooperate today. Nope, not gonna happen.
#1. "Jacob, just look natural. You're very serious right now."
#2. "But stand up strait!" What's with this bending down??
#3. You're killing me son, you're killing me!
Ok, let's try this tree. Trees have worked magic in the past.
#1. "Jacob, you don't need to pull you pants up to your armpits."
#2. "Why are you bending down and looking at me like that??"
#3. ok, fine, I see you are done with this!
Let's move back to your sister.
#1. ummm, Lia, could you look up at Momma?
#2. A man ran by at that time...she was WAY more interested in him.
#3. nice profile there, Lia
One last effort at the kids together. I think these are self explanitory!
And she's outta there!
Hope you at least got a chuckle out of these. We'll go for round 2 later this week.







14 comments:
Oh Kristen those are so great! Out takes are the best and I love how serious Jacob is. Looks like decent weather for outdoor pics at least. Cute outfits, darling kiddos!
Uh .... Go for the 'perfect pics' if you will, but I think a couple of years down the road, you'll ask yourself why these weren't good enough!! Do they not actually accurately portray your kids lives?! (I have 5 and I'm telling you that's reality and you don't ever want to leave that out) and most importantly!!! They are most adorable when they are their true selves!!! I love these pics and would call them perfect!!
Love their sweaters! Cute pictures, I know not what you had in mind though! Sometime they just won't cooperaste no matter what! I think especially on those days we have great ideas and plans! Just have to go with the flow!
Would you please come take our family pictures! Pretty please!!! You do such an amazing job...there are some bloggers out there that are just amazing with cameras. It probably helps that you just have the two cutest kids out there.
Dear Clever Kristen,
My children break out in fights, giggles and everything short of hives when the camera comes out. I think what you need is a few more big "in-takes" of breath. Also, look at the pix in a week and they will look better than today.
Love,
Loving the Imperfection in Nebraska
The pictures are adorable and good for smiles and chuckles. Unfortunately, you have extreemly normal kids who never corporate like you want them to when it is picture time. We had the same interesting and frustrating time with our two smallest grandchildren this past weekend and they are 8 and 4. As I said just normal kids. Did really enjoy the pictures tho.
stinking adorable. i agree with everyone else, you got lots of keepers. if i were you i'd do a photo collage of these ones. no need to have them together - you got plenty of cute ones of them individually. love the last photo, btw. another way that kaia & lia are alike, kaia is 14 1/2 months old & still barely walking. she can do it, but i can't really say she's walking yet, because she doesn't do it on a regular basis!
I know the feeling... they aren't quite what you wanted. But just look at all of those expressions... personality oozes from these pictures. Great job capturing your little hams. (And better luck next time for the postcard perfect shots...)
These are hilarious and would be oh-so-much-fun to scrapbook!
Hilarious! So cute! You do a great job with your photo's!
Oh my goodness ADORABLE!!! I know how photos shoots look this way, 90% of the time our shots look just like yours, but when we get that 10, they are perfect.
i think they're adorable! i tried getting our 4 kids.. i posted the ones that 'semi-turned out'. i have a ton of out-takes i should post!
LOL! LOL! Great commentary Kristen!!! But I really think they are adorable! and cute! and absolutely sweet! :)
Actually, Photoworks (and I'm sure other websites) make an adorable collage photocard that you could put a lot of these on and I think it would be the best! These pictures made me laugh, and they would certainly make anyone's day! They're better than perfect!
Post a Comment