To say the last two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity is a major understatement! Not the least of which was a trip to Minnesota. I'm still climbing out of a mountain of laundry and nursing a cold, but wanted to share these two photos. This was the kids first time to see snow ever, and my first time to see it (besides a few fluries that don't even stick) in about 15 years.
This was the first time I'd been on a snowmobile ever. David was a great driver. He's had a little more practice than me - but not much! I decided riding a snowmobile is a lot like riding a jet ski. And that is something I DO have a lot of experience in! Jet skiing is a lot more warm though!
We had to borrow all the winter gear from David's cousins - those overalls I'm in - they're from Jamin. He's 6'4". Just a wee bit big on me but it worked.
We had a great time in Minnesota - we're so glad we got to see everyone.


5 comments:
Yeah!!! I am so happy for you all...you got to see, touch, and play in all the fun white stuff and then go back where it is nice and warm.
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us Kristen...now back to that laundry.
I find it amusing when people talk about seeing snow for the 1st time :) I was born and raised in this stuff..it's old news to us. While we were in TN the last time, it 'snowed' (dusted everything white for a few hours) the ppl in the cabin next to us where going nuts outside. And Benji looked outside and said.. 'oh jack frost was here' :)
Dear c-c-cold K-K-Kristen,
That looks like so much fun. I have never been on a snow mobile before. I'll have to add that to my list of things to try. My kiddlywinks love the snow and have been so pleased that we got about 10 inches of it recently and it's stayed cold enough that it has lasted since then. I think it is more fun for the kids though because they go play in it while I bundle them up, watch, shiver, unbundle them and clean up/dry out and warm things up again! Oh well, it's worth it to see the wonder in their eyes.
Love,
Knows about Snow in Nebraska
P.S. Love TCP hats and mittens!
Love your pictures! I've never got to snowmobile either, but I love to jetski, so if I ever get a chance to try it, you can bet I will too! Glad they got to see/experience the snow!
Snow! Snow! Beautiful snow! How fun for you and your kiddos. I've never been on a snowmobile... probably never will be. :) I do however remember a huge coverall experience. At least you were warm!
Post a Comment