Today my parents have been married 35 years. Yep, they were barely 10 when they got hitched. ;)
These are a few things I've learned from them:
Always say "I Love You".
The importance of family.
What unconditional love is.
To never be afraid to tell them things that are important to me.
Always have at least 5 flash lights in each vehicle, and at least 10 more in the house. (thanks Dad!)
I should always wear sunscreen when I'm outside. I WILL get burned. (thanks again Dad!)
Blue Bell ice cream is the only ice cream worth eating.
The importance of good friends.
Compassion.
Pancakes are good for supper.
Egg sandwiches are the official Sunday night supper.
My brother and I are the most important people in the world to them. (Although I'm beginning to wonder if the Grandsons are taking our place!)
They weren't perfect parents when they were raising us, but they were perfect for us.
Kindness.
Not to "settle".
Respect others.
They're proud of me.
I will always be their "baby girl".
Thanks Mom and Dad. I love you.
5 comments:
Yes, great parents, but we know not perfect because they should have taught you that Mayfield ice cream is far better than Blue Bell.
Happy 35th James & Jan! We wish you many more to come!!!
Happy 35th to ya'll!! Wishing you many more wonderful years!! Shauna
Happy Anniversary!
It's nice the things we can learn from our parents, no? Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! ;) My parents celebrated the same anniversary this past year, too.
Post a Comment