When Jacob was 10 days old we had official family photos taken by the photographer I worked for. He did an outstanding job and we have a beautiful 30X40 canvas over our fireplace. I can stare at that photo and be transported back to that time in our life. Two and a half years later Lia was born. We had another set of family photos taken when she was 2 weeks old. The photographer did a great job and we have beautiful photos from then. One day I'll have a 30X40 canvas of our family of 4 printed from that day. Now, 3 and a half years later, here comes Baby Leif. What does Momma want? A nice family portrait to have printed on a canvas and proudly displayed on one of our walls. Our photographer came over, set up her equipment, and did her thang. All I wanted was one good shot of my new family of 5. Just one. I don't care if you have to take 300 photos to get one, I just want ONE good photo. The photographer did what she was supposed to, my children did not! I present to you just a few of the photos. Yes, I know these show personality. Yes, I know I can look at them and laugh. Yes, I know I'll be so glad to have these. But, really??? I don't think any of these qualify as 30X40 canvas material!





Yes, Leif, that's how I felt too!
Up next - Lia and I. They're just as "good". *sigh
8 comments:
i feel your pain! it seems like the more kids we have the more we have to rely on an impromptu snapshot turning out. problem with those is that the clothing isn't usually coordinated!
I LOVE these! I was LOL by the time I scrolled through them! I have more than my fair share of grimace smiles from my kids in pictures too. Why do you think my favorite pose is of them walking away from me! :)
LOLOL!!!! Aw, I feel your pain tho! Really--really--is it really too much to ask? :)
You don't think so? I can pick out at least two, if not three that I think are. I love these!!!
I have to admit...laughing in the mid-south too! :-) Can't wait to see the next group!
We had family pix done just before I left the US in June... I hear you. Kids are...
well, I still love them buttttttttttttttttt.......... ;)
The last picture isn't maybe 'perfect', that would be my pic. i've learned i'm so grateful for the digital era of pictures. take pics, review, delete, take pics, review, delete.. :)
Ok, I'm sorry, but I am in love with the last two. As I mentioned in a previous comment, I would take these over "traditional" any day. ;) I think this should be printed up on a large canvas and hung proudly on your living room wall. I'm totally not joking, either.
Post a Comment