Pages

June 19, 2012

Maternity/ Father's Day Shoot

I have exactly one photo of my pregnant self when I was expecting Jacob. It was taken by my Mom the night before I went into the hospital to have him. I have exactly one photo of my pregnant self when I was expecting Lia. It was taken after I had already gone into the hospital to have her and 10 seconds before I changed into the beautiful gowns you get to parade around in for the next ?? days. This time, I wanted more. Sunday found us out on one of the trails we walk/ bike ride on frequently with my friend Crystal and her camera. A huge Thank-you to her! I've taken many photos on this bridge of Jacob and Lia at different stages of their life so it is a special place to me. An appropriate place to start shooting our next little bundle of boy. I'm 38 weeks now - Jacob and Lia both came at 39 weeks so here's HOPING Baby Boy follows in his sibling's footsteps and graces us with his presence in about a week'ish!


Daddy and 2 of his babies on Father's Day...see, they're not always looking just so for the camera!  This is the real Jacob and Lia!  Not one single "nice" shot.  Oh well, it's real life.  And we really wouldn't want it any other way.
Happy Father's Day David!  We love you to the moon and back.

photo credit:  Crystal Cronk

10 comments:

Gayle said...

Great pictures and it's good to see that you are so happy! Wow, didn't realize you were so close to delivery. Wish you the best - a calm and easy birth.

Country Family said...

Love these pics, Kristen! So glad you took some before next week :) Can't wait to hear some sort of announcement!!

gkey said...

dear "family-in-waiting",

These photos are just preciousPreciousPRECIOUS! What a lucky little one to be part of your sweet family. Thank you for sharing them. Oh my, you are such a beautiful & lovely "lady-in-waiting".

love,
Wishing you the best birth story ever
in
NE

Raimie said...

Dear Kristikins,
I am so happy for you that you got these. You look amazing and beautiful and blooming and blossoming and just, so, so good! I love your sunshiny shirt and those precious little faces full of anticipation and excitement.

Can't wait to meet this little guy and send him lots of auntie-ish hugs. Hope you stay as sane and comfortable as possible during this last phase.

YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!

Love,
Sends Sisterly Love in NE

Mimi/Susan said...

Great pics! Baby Boy looks a little 'high' for an imminent birth. He might be planning on July 5, just like the doc!

All American Family said...

Thanks y'all. I'm so glad we got those taken! Aunt Susan PLEASE don't say that! Let me live in my "Baby Will Come at 39 Wks" bubble please!

Lani said...

You are gorgeous! And so is your family. :) It won't be long now... sooo excited for you!

Pam said...

You have a beautiful family - love the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Evidently baby Leif didn't care if he was a "high" boy, :) smiling at Susan's comment. I saw the boy pics before I made it over here to see these! Congratulations! Pictures to treasure...

Anita said...

Loved these pix! And Baby Leif didn't wait long... nearly made it to the photo shoot! ;)