Pages

February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day...and a New Love


Please, don't faint! Yes, I'm actually putting up a post on my blog. What a concept! Does anyone even look at this anymore? So, today is Valentine's Day...happy Valentine's Day and yadda yadda yadda.




Jacob had his Valentine's party at school this morning and I brought him home with me after it was over.




Then our little family went out for a special lunch. 







And, as an extra special treat, we got to see my brother since he was in town for the afternoon!
We LOVE our "Scooter"!


On to our "New Love". We're expecting another baby the 4th of July. What.a.surprise to us! I'm half way through this pregnancy now. For the first 18 weeks I was sick as a dog. Nausea all.day.long. Urking multiple times a day almost every.single.day. Extreme exhaustion. No fun. But some kind of switch got flipped and I'm like a new person now! I'm so, so thankful for that! I have not started feeling our little Firecracker moving yet. Since I'm over 20 weeks now I should be so I'm a bit concerned about that. No little "butterflies", no little flutters, no nothing. Nada. But I have borrowed a doppler from a friend of mine and can listen to Firecracker's heart beat any time I want. It's beating strong so I find comfort in that. But still. I’m hoping the explanation for this is that Firecracker is frank breech.  Jacob was and I never once felt him move during my entire pregnancy.  Call me crazy, but it’s true.  My next appointment is next Wed. and if Firecracker cooperates we will find out if Jacob and Lia will be getting a brother or a sister! Both kids say they want a sister and are convinced it’s a girl. Somehow I think the wishing and the convincing go hand in hand. ;)  David and I just want him/her to be healthy!



I have so many other things I could share but right now those things feel either A.) to frivolous or B.) to personal.  So I’ll end this now and publish this post before another month (or two) goes by without a peep from me!  Thanks to those of you who still check in on me from time to time!

11 comments:

Mindy said...

oh! when i saw your post title i was hoping this is what you'd be sharing. congratulations!!!!! i know how it feels to urk for half of your pregnancy ~ very hard with 2 littles to care for as well. no WONDER you haven't been posting. now that the switch has flipped we will look forward to hearing from you more often!

Anonymous said...

Happy days with your little ones...(so glad you are feeling better!!!) I'm with you on the A. and the B. reasons for silences on the blog. :) So it goes...

Pam said...

Congratulations!!!

Lani said...

Of course, we do... still read your blog, that is. ;) LOVED the picture! It's beautiful. And so very, very happy and excited for you guys! Love you. Wish we were going to see you in Florida in a month, but alas... it was not meant today. Someday. Dreaming.

Mo said...

What a great post!! The pictures are so fun! Congratulations on your baby news! That is precious news and we are so happy for you!!

Darcie said...

So glad you did a post!!! I was thinking of you on Monday, and was going to leave you a message on FB...BUT our internet was down. :-( Then my week got away from me, so...I am VERY glad to see a post from you! Also glad that you are feeling better. Will be checking back in for an update. No pressure. ((Hugs)))

Heather S said...

ditto to the above comments.

will be anxious to hear more about your firecracker!!! nothing more reassuring than hearing that heartbeat. makes my own heart go pitter patter just thinking about those days! :)

The J's said...

SO glad you are feeling better!! Wow-no moving is crazy--but can't deny that heart-beat! Will be excited to hear "blue or pink"!

Darla said...

Congrats- so exciting!
You probably don't remember me but I remember you from Texarcana convention...maybe because of your adorable kids! I came across your blog since then.
We were standing outside the house one evening at conv.and your daughter played with mine for a while and then she got her shirt wet. It was all she could do to not take it off. She was holding it as far out as possible. :-) so cute. :-)

gkey said...

DearTexasHearts,

This was such a sweet surprise to pop over here after SOOO long. (we have internet ISSUES here in our new spot :( so don't get to do this like I used to) I was thinking of you though the last few days, and promised myself to try and check in today.

Happy Valentines day....Happy Heart month from us up North
in
NE

jkbyrd said...

Hi Kristen!
So glad for some new posts to read. I have been enjoying your FB posts too. Can't wait to see you in Jax!!! Hope we can manage to get together this time. I want to be around those adorable kids!!! (well, it'll be great to see you and David too! ;-)
So excited about your news.
Love you!
KB