Pages

November 23, 2010

I'm Gonna Miss This...

I haven't posted as much over the last few weeks as I've been just enjoying these moments that are fleeting before my eyes.  Time waits for no man, my children included, and I have been in awe of them more than ever lately.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't just gaze in wonder at these two little children I get to call mine.  Sure, sometimes I get weary, sometimes I want to pull my hair out, sometimes I want to scream at the top of my lungs because I feel overwhelmed by the commotion caused by these two; but one day I'll want to do these things because of the lack of commotion.  So...I busted out the camera this past week (surprise, surprise) and just took a few shots of the everyday happenings that make my world go round.  A few things I'm going to miss:

A shared "Super Hero" cape
Because they're each each other's super hero.  He can't live without her and she worships the ground he walks on.  (Which pretty much sums up my feelings for both of them.)  And they're both my Super Hero's!

Personal Concerts 
I'm privileged to have impromptu concerts put on for me.  It's almost always a duet.  It's beautiful music if I do say so!  

Couch Time
These two love to play on the couch.  They hide under their blanket "tent", make each other laugh, tell stories, and show off new tricks to Mom.

Play puzzle/ magnet books
They can sit for a long time working together with these books.  He tells her where to put the magnets and she does.  Those chubby fingers - oh my!  And the Towmater band aid, necessary due to a fall.  And really, there's something magic about band aids that can heal just about anything.

Sweet Dreams
I feel so privileged to get to call these two little angels mine.  I am one lucky Mom.

15 comments:

Us 4 said...

They are so very priviledge to have you as their "mommy"! So glad we can call ya'll our friends!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

JKLMNOP said...

Very sweet!!! Glad you are enjoying them! so true - it is gone way too quickly!

Mimi/Susan said...

Beautiful babies!

Mimi/Susan said...

Beautiful babies!

jkbyrd said...

Awww Kristen. They are so sweet. Thanks for updating so often so we can keep up with their sweet little lives. We miss you all here in Jax. Nice to think of David's folks and g'parents being there for T'giving. (Hope that's not a secret!!!)
Love ya', Karen

gkey said...

dear Everyday Treasures,

I have always taken pix like this, and through the albums they remain my favorites!

love,
Just Living
at
KeoniCountry
in
NE

p.s. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

The J's said...

oh! Such wonderful pictures! So very sweet, every one of them!

Crystal & Warner said...

I'm Thankful we get to enjoy them too! What sweet little chitrens with such great parents!!

Karen said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Darcie said...

They are two of the sweetest little angles..and their yours! Lucky mommy!

Anonymous said...

The piano pictures are my favorite. They are so lucky to have a wonderful mom like you!!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, Kristen. I can tell they are the best of friends.

Alison said...

This made me smile. So true Kristen. And one day we will wish for it all back again! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy it!

Raimie said...

Dear Watching Closely in TX,
Ohhhhhhhh! Don't blink! I hope they always want to save eachother, be eachother's happy song, be comfy and silly together, puzzle it out together and fall asleep knowing they are lucky to be part of your little family circle.

Love,
All Too Quickly in NE

Jorge and Debbie said...

Love these pictures. They tell a great story. You have such an art for photography. I need a few lessons.

Miss you all!